Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pirate Rian

This is Rian's Halloween costume's head dress. I had to modify it a bit just special for her because, of course, my kid have the biggest head ever so no normal kids hat would possible even come close to fitting on her head. So I took the original pirate hat and snipped it in a few places. then to hide the altering and make the hat larger I added elastic. Then to hid the elastic I used a hot glue gun and added yarn to make her have pirate dred locks. then after all that the hat was still just a bit too small so i have to clip it in to her hair cause i have come to realize that if i snip that hat any more it will fall apart her head is just too big! maybe i should go try to find an adult size hat.... but doesn't my little pirate princess look adorable! she really wants brock or I to be snow man for halloween ( i have no idea why) but any time the subject of Halloween comes up she says "you gonna be a snow man mommy/daddy?". She is just so much fun!

4 comments:

-The Bergen Family- said...

i know, don't ya just love this age?? they are SO funny!

Hardwick Family said...

She looks so adorable!! My babe has the opposite problem of having a small head!! How funny!

summonz said...

LOL!!!! That is tooo funny!!! Monroe is obsessed with pirates, so he is a pirate too!!! With his outfit the hat was too small too, so we did go buy him an adult sized one! :) We gave the kid size one to Collin, it fit the baby! So they were both going to be pirates, but then I found a cute giraffe costume for Collin!:) That is waaaay too funny! Our kids and their huge noggins! :)

summonz said...

I'll post some pictures too!:)