Friday, June 5, 2009

Very sad day :(

Today we woke up to our sweet puppy bella having a small seizure. I rushed her to the animal hospital and they diagnosed her with distemper. It is kinds of the animal version of polio. she has a 25% chance of surviving this. she has now had one seizure every hour and there is no treatment. so basically have to sit her and watch my poor puppy die. Because their is that chance of survival the vet has asked me to wait and see if she gets worse before we decide to put her down. i cannot stop crying then the vet tells me that if she dies i can get another dog from the spca for free. But i dont want another dog! she is my baby like one of my kids. I just cannot imagine loosing her and it hurts to see her seizureing although the vet assured me that it is not painful jsut scarry. I hate this but i hope she survives.

Please please pray for our puppy. I just dont know how much more her little puppy brain can handle. thx.

1 comments:

-The Bergen Family- said...

Ah i'm sorry. One of dogs had seizures too and died. It was really hard. Hope she survives!!!!