Saturday, June 6, 2009

They grow so fast!


Well I was looking back at some of the pictures we have taken over the few years and realized how fast my babies were growing! It feels like just yesterday I was bringing my sweet first born daughter home. The shock of the fact that I know had to be in charge of keeping this sweet little girl alive was scary yet exciting! I remember every noise she made would have me running to her side. Always carrying the baby monitor around in my tiny apartment afraid that if I went to the bathroom without it she would need me and I would not be able to hear her. That feeling soon wore off though! She grew up and turned in to a very independent little toddler. Only needing me for food and kisses on her "owies".

Then when she was 14 months old we brought home little baby Maddox. After a scary two weeks in the NICU my little prince was finally allowed to come home with us. We were so overjoyed to have him home, Rian called him doggie and kept asking when he was going to go home. But she soon realized that he was "her baby" and then no one was allowed to touch him without her permission. ( she was a little over protective for a while). She couldn't say maddox so she called him ox, which fit cause he soon got really chunky and was big as an ox.

Now they are the best of friends always playing with each other and teasing each other and beating on each other. Rian is still my independent princess girl and maddox is my sweet little mama's boy, always in the mood for kisses and cuddles.

It is such a great blessing to be the mom of the two most perfect kids anyone could ask for. They bring joy and sunshine to my life every day. And I am great full for every day I have to spend with my babies. Cause they will always be my babies no matter how big they get!

1 comments:

Hardwick Family said...

You are such a great mom Megan! I also remember carrying around the baby monitor in my 20x20 apartment! You have the most beautiful kids! I think it is so cute how close they are! I cant imagine having mine so close!